June 12 2002. Lilo and Stitch
Walt Disney's movie Lilo and Stitch is due for release in Hoyts Cinemas Australia-wide on September 19 this year. The sound track contains several Elvis songs.
Lilo is a Hawaiian girl who is a little obsessed about taking care of downtrodden animals. Each day, she collects all the soda cans along the beach in Waikiki. She then takes the cans to the local recycling center, turns them in for cash, then uses that money to buy fish food - she gets in an outrigger canoe, paddles out into the middle of the harbor, then begins feeding the fish in the ocean. Meanwhile, on the other side of the galaxy, six-armed alien Stitch escapes just as the galactic tribunal judge is about to pronounce sentence. Zooming through the stars in his cool 1950s-style spaceship, Stitch tries to elude the two bounty hunters who've been sent out to recapture him, crash-landing on Earth, near the beach on Waikiki. Stitch's only hope for eluding capture is to blend in with the locals. He finds that if he folds up one set of arms under his fur, he can pass for a rather strange-looking dog. Lilo comes into the pound where the Animal Control Officer has put Stitch and decides to adopt him. Lilo, her sister Nani and boyfriend get caught up in a crazy adventure as two alien bounty hunters land on Earth to retrieve Stitch.
- "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride," Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu and Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus
- "Stuck on You," Elvis Presley
- "Burning Love," Wynonna
- "Suspicious Minds," Elvis Presley
- "Heartbreak Hotel," Elvis Presley
- "Devil In Disguise," Elvis Presley
- "He Mele No Lilo," Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu and Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus
- "Hound Dog," Elvis Presley
- "Can't Help Falling in Love," A*Teens
- "Stitch to the Rescue" (score)
- You Can Never Belong" (score)
- "I'm Lost" (score)